Monday, November 22, 2010

Maui Invitational Preview

#2 Michigan State takes on Chaminade in Maui. Chaminade are always underdogs but the Hawaii fans are always loyal for the score. Look for them to start out keeping up with Michigan St. but the Spartans will pull away and get the big win. I see Michigan St coming back to Lansing with a 5-0 record and another Maui Championship.

#9 Kentucky vs a 3-0 Oklahoma squad. Kentucky's young squad gets their first decent test of the season and we'll see if freshmen Brandon Knight can help lead the Wildcats to a couple of solid wins in Maui but beating an experienced Michigan St team will be very tough. I can see the Wildcats getting to the finals but thats as far as it goes for this young ball club.

Virginia takes on #11 Washington. I think this Washington team is a little overrated at #11 this early in the season so I wouldn't be that surprised if I see them drop one to Tony Bennett's squad but i can see Virginia  losing in the 2nd round.

Uconn vs Wichita St. I think Uconn has improved from last year but I can still see a possible upset happening in Maui. The long long travel for Uconn from the East Coast and then facing a very solid Wichita St team will be tough.

Overall I see Michigan State facing Kentucky in the Finals with the more experienced Michigan St team getting the win and getting another win in Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment